If you are male and have been diagnosed with, or believe you have, a groin fungal infection or a bacterial overgrowth in the groin, the following is one type of treatment for this odor-causing condition.
- Thoroughly clean the effected area, preferably with antibacterial soap; though, any soap will do. Then make sure you thoroughly dry the area.
- Using a piece of cotton or Q-tip swab, apply some Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar directly onto the effected area twice a day. Avoid applying it on broken skin, as it will sting. Bragg’s brand with “Mother” on the label is preferable. Most stores sell it.
- If you like, you can also mix some 100% pure Tea Tree Oil with the vinegar. Tea Tree Oil also kills fungus.
- For additional treatment, you can also buy Apple Cider Vinegar dietary supplement capsules. Most labels will direct you to take two capsules daily, preferably with food.
If you need to leave home and you’re worried about the pungent smell of the vinegar and Tea Tree Oil, it would be better if you only applied this treatment when you know you’ll be home.
But if you need to leave home for a while, the following list includes things you can do to cover up your groin odor.
- Thoroughly clean your groin as you usually would, preferably, but not necessarily, with antibacterial soap. Thoroughly dry the effected area.
- Using your fingers, a cotton ball, or a Q-tip swab, liberally apply some Calamine lotion onto the entire groin area. It’s preferable, but not necessary, to use regular Calamine lotion and not the medicated kind, because the medicated doesn’t dry the skin as well. And this is the purpose of using this lotion: to make sure to keep the effected area dry for as long as possible while you are outside of your home or you’ll be around other people.
- Now, completely dry the lotion on your groin as well as you can, possibly using a fan.
- If you like, you can repeat this application process for an extra coat.
If you have any questions about anything on this page, or you possibly have a better treatment plan, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.