More Links on Treatments and Info
The following are links to articles on how to manage stress and social anxiety:
If you believe there is anything on this page or page 1 that is inaccurate, please place your message in the comments box at the bottom of the page. Please be as specific as you can.
Note: Clicking on any product image or link on this page will send you directly to that website, whether it is Amazon.com or any other site. Any personal information–passwords, bank info, etc.–is not saved on this website. Once you are taken to another site, you are no longer on this site. Also not collected are the purchaser’s name and the item that was purchased. The only information that is collected by this site is, how many Amazon.com items were purchased, when, and the price of those items.
These are anti-depressant capsules and tablets. Click on any image to learn more about and/or to order from Amazon.com. If you have a separate medical condition or are on any other medication, please consult with a medical professional before taking anti-depressants of any kind.
The following is a portion of a post from a website at http://breathandbodyodour.proboards.com/thread/707/cure-tmau Maybe it will help some people. This post appears about halfway down the page of the website. (The writer begins her post with Omggggggg…)
The poster writes…
This is my daily routine
1. I take kelp 150 mg and zinc 100 mg. (AM)
2. One cup of orange juice with 2 tsp of maca (AM)
3. One cup of black tea with two tea bags – no sugar (AM)
4. 8 ounce bottle of spring water with two tsp of baking soda with breakfast (AM)
5. One cup of black tea two tea bags- no sugar (Noon)
6. 8 ounce bottle of spring water with two tsp of baking soda with lunch (Noon)
7. Sip on spring water & baking soda throughout the day while chewing gum!
NOW THERES NO ORDOR!!!!
I eat regular foods throughout the day ( no restrictions)
I had a week consisting of
2. a busy & sweaty day
3. A nerve wrecking meet
All are the worst times for me and I had no BO!!!!
I’m elated, ecstatic and joyously humble. I’m assuming so are my coworkers????
I just want to thank God for giving me a resolution to my problem!????❤️
I hope this helps with the research as well as other sufferers.
Here is another link from a member of a support group believing she has found a cure for herself: https://www.rareconnect.org/en/community/trimethylaminuria/article/there-is-hope
The following info on foods and treatments was taken from http://www.disabled-world.com/health/tmau-trimethylaminuria.php
Eating fresh fruits and certain types of vegetables is a good way to lower the effects of TMAU. Ways that may help eliminate the fishy odor include avoiding foods containing trimethylamine and its precursors like the following:
- Soy products
- Brussel sprouts
- Milk from wheat-fed cows,
- Lecithin and lecithin-containing fish oil supplements
- Seafood (Freshwater fish have lower levels of trimethylamine N-oxide)
- Using body soaps with a moderate pH, between 5.5 and 6.5 (Here is a MEBO link for a list of soaps and their pH levels: http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitosis.com/2008/11/list-of-ph-of-common-cleansers-for.html)
- Avoiding factors that promote sweating, such as exercise, stress, and emotional upsets.
- Taking low doses of antibiotics to reduce the amount of bacteria like trimethylamine in the gut
- Taking activated charcoal or other supplements to decrease the concentration of free trimethylamine in the urine
- Taking riboflavin (vitamin B2) supplements to enhance FMO3 enzyme activity. Recommended intake is 30 to 40mg taken 3 to 5 times per day with food.
Click here if you wish to go back to page 1 of Odor Info Links.